The editorial team of the journal Migration Politics warmly welcome paper proposals for our author residency programme. We are seeking submissions from scholars conducting innovative and inspiring research on the politics involved in representing, controlling, and managing migration. We want to promote work that dares to bring in new theoretical or conceptual angles to Migration Studies by engaging with wider theories and debates in political science, sociology, law and other disciplines. We encourage submissions that provide primarily conceptual or philosophical contributions. In empirically oriented work, we seek to promote high standards of methodological transparency and rigour (including through appendices and data deposits).
Successful applicants will spend a two week intensive residence period at the University of Amsterdam to develop their ideas into a manuscript ready for submission. Scholars taking part in the author residency programme are expected to submit their papers for review to the Migration Politics journal that offers rigorous, single-blind peer review and full open access without article processing charges (platinum open access).
Next paper proposal deadline: 31 October 2020
You are warmly invited to submit your paper proposal no later than 31 October 2020 to: email@example.com
Your paper proposal should:
- consist of 1000-1500 words excluding references
- the core question/thesis of the paper
- the expected contribution to ongoing scholarly debates
- the methodological approach
- the empirical material. Please note: data collection should be completed before submitting a paper proposal to Migration Politics
- include your name, affiliation, and contact details
- your preference for either the Spring (April 2021) and Fall (October 2021) residency, as well as your availability during the month of your preference.